Tuesday 4 March 2014

Experience of Work Week

Well we're back at college after a lovely two week break and this week its experience of work week. This week will give us the chance to work together in groups and collaborate with advertising students, so I'm looking forward to picking up some new skills from this along the way.

We've been given a week long mini brief by local design agency, Keltie Cochrane. The brief is all about raising awareness about STIs (specifically gonorrhoea and syphilis) in the local area and encouraging people to get checked out. The deliverables is a poster campaign however we have free reign on any further ideas to support the campaign. Our target market is 18-25 year old women.

The real challenge this week will be completing this task without computers. Richard from Keltie Cochrane has specifically asked that we show our development and final ideas as scamps, back to basics with good old pencil and paper!


I've completed a SWOT analysis for the week ahead:
Strengths: I feel like I'm good at research so learning about STIs and previous campaigns will be my strength.
Weaknesses: My drawing skills are rubbish! I think I will find it difficult to present my ideas through sketches alone.
Opportunities: Working as a team will be a great opportunity to see how other creatives generate ideas. This task will also enable me to gain experience within the advertising process.
Threats: This project gives us one week, meaning only three college days to work together as a team. The time restrictions will encourage us to work at a faster pace and is great industry experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment