Wednesday 8 January 2014

D&AD Live Brief

As part of my alternative techniques module, I will be completing a live brief from the D&AD New Blood Awards 2014. This will give me the opportunity to learn more about competition work and how this differs from everyday client briefs.

The brief I have chosen is from The National Trust: Reconnect our relationship with nature and beauty. I have chosen an advertising brief as this is something I am unfamiliar with and will allow me to build and develop alternative techniques within design.

I've written a SWOT analysis for this module:
Strengths: I am good at adapting my research to fit the clients requirements, so looking into competition briefs will be something new to learn about.
Weaknesses: Advertising is an aspect of design I am unfamiliar with so I will need to work hard to understand the techniques and skills behind this.
Opportunities: Working on a D&AD competition brief gives me the opportunity to collaborate with other creative to produce a final outcome. This will give me the experience of working as part of a team, sharing thoughts and ideas and skills to create a strong outcome for the brief.
Threats: Time. Because I will be working as part a team, we will be limited in the amount of time spent together (due to work commitments, etc)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment