Saturday 21 December 2013

BOX Apparel Live Brief - Final Design

When I was developing my final design, I wanted to recap 'what makes effective packaging design' to make sure I was on the right track:
  • Protect the product -sturdy box protects the contents
  • Communicate with the target audience - friendly tone of voice communicates with the consumer
  • Promote the brand - BOX branding is consistent throughout packaging using the brand colours and logo
  • Be functional for the consumer - standard box which is easy to open
  • Be visually attractive - packaging is eye-catching and trendy with a bold design and bold colours
 
Things to consider:
  • Identity - is my packaging promoting the brand? - bold design has a strong identity for the BOX brand with consistent use of colour and type as well as icongraphics used on the BOX website
  • Protect - will the products be protected by the packaging during transit? - material I will be using is thick stock and sturdy.
  • Audience - is my packaging specified towards my target audience? Is it engaging? Does it communicate? - modern and trendy design which I think targets young males. Bold and masculine that the target audience will find attractive. Strong BOX branding
  • Materials - what materials will I use for this packaging to be cost effective, yet on point with the brand voice and stylish? - part of the brief was to reflect the brands key values ‘ low cost, value for money, good quality and well designed’. The design (including the outer sleeve) is trendy and quality. The material I will use is mount board which is thick stock and cheap to supply.
On my order form I included a discount code as an incentive to bring back repeated custom.

Final order form designs
 

Final packaging net design
3D visual

No comments:

Post a Comment