Tuesday 21 January 2014

IKEA Placement - Week 3

I got to design some banners as part of the stores communication graphics for customers. IKEA has its own stock photography supply, so I used these and had to consider the layout and information for the banner. These were then displayed in the wardrobe section of the store.

I was also introduced to system text and vinyl printing, which is used a lot throughout the store. I got to experience the whole process, from computer, to print, to laminate, to wall. I found it really interesting learning about vinyl and enjoyed being a part of the whole process. I’m learning that being an IKEA employee is hands on and its great to get out and about around the store, helping with the DIY and putting up displays. I’m not confined to a desk all day.




No comments:

Post a Comment