Sunday 29 September 2013

Future Progression

Now that I'm in my second year of Graphics it's time to start thinking about where I want to be this time next year, whether I continue with my education or head straight into employment.

I've looked into the Graphics top up course which sounds really interesting. The course will give me the opportunity to really focus on the aspect of design I'm interested in. At this point in time I would love to spend a year on editorial design or t-shirt design. Their are a few universities around the country that offer this course however I'm not interested in moving away from the North East (I love it here) so my best option would be to continue the third year with Newcastle College. In preparation for this I will need to meet the UCAS deadlines for student finance and college applications as well as prepare my portfolio of work to present at my interviews.

For me personally continuing with my education while I'm still young and without commitments is the best option. I'm eager to get into work however I still feel like I'm finding myself as a designer, what I'm interested in and what career path I want to take. Continuing into the third year will give me time to get these thoughts together and hopefully the opportunity to complete various work placements so I can find out what I really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment