Monday 28 October 2013

Instant Print Live Brief - Final Design

For my final design I decided to create a classic and elegant stationary set to represent small, cosy cafes. Initially I planned on creating this design in black against an organic textured background. After more thoughts on this, I decided to play around with splashes of watercolour effect behind each leaf, using natural colours to reflect tea leaves.
 
To execute this design, I placed my scanned drawing into Illustrator and used the pen and swirl tool to trace the outline. I then experimented with the stroke weight and brush definition to create my desired effect. I was undecided on how to execute my mug, whether to create a flat illustration or a 3D illustration. In the end I decided to go ahead and create a 3D mug, including black tones of shading to add a depth to my design. I chose to use a mix of both classic and contemporary fonts to mix 'old and new'.


Overall I am pleased with my final design, however if I was to revisit this module, I would make the design look hand drawn by creating a custom brush in Illustrator.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment